UPDATE: 27 APRIL 2020
Level 3 Covid-19 Status:
With NZ moving into Covid-19 Alert Level 3 on 28th April, more businesses and contractors can return to work, but must maintain their social distancing.
- What does this now mean for Physiotherapy?
Despite the easing for face to face appointments under Level 3, telehealth will still be used for the majority of patients. It is only ‘urgent’ cases that physiotherapists can undertake a face-to-face consultation. This means physiotherapy clinics cannot reopen their doors to see patients on a ‘business as usual’ basis.
- What does ‘urgent care’ look like?
Under Alert Level 3 the Ministry of Health has stated the following criteria for seeing an ‘urgent care’ patient face-to-face:
‘Urgent care’ for community allied health professionals is defined by the Ministry of Health as:
- a condition which is life or limb threatening
- treatment required to maintain the basic necessities of life
- treatment that cannot be delayed or carried out remotely without risk of significant harm or permanent and/or significant disability
- treatment which cannot be delivered by a service which is currently operating or by health professionals that are already in contact with the patient.’
If you fit these criteria and would like a face-to-face physiotherapy consultation then please phone 092947062 to discuss your situation. We are required to register all face-to-face consultations with the Physiotherapy Board of NZ prior to booking an appointment under Alert Level 3.
- Video Telehealth appointments:
We have found the video Telehealth consultations have been extremely beneficial in providing treatment to the patients and keep them progressing. We have been busy providing Physiotherapy via Video telehealth consultations during the Level 4 lockdown.
The system we utilise to provide this form of physiotherapy is simple and easy to use for patients. All you need is either a laptop, smartphone or tablet to get started. A computer with a camera will also work well. Failing this we can use telephone calls to assist you.
If you require physiotherapy now then you can book here for a video Telehealth consultation!
We look forward to helping you,